Printed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal
International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing

P-ISSN: 2664-2298, E-ISSN: 2664-2301
International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing
Printed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal
International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing
2023, Vol. 5, Issue 1, Part B
to assess the effect of acupressure on reduction of nausea and vomiting among primigravida women

Upma Sharma

Pregnancy can be a very special time in the life of a woman. Nausea and vomiting are common problems during pregnancy which may lead to weight loss, anorexia, general weakness and malaise. Acupressure on P6 point which is among the complementary and alternative therapies help to reduce nausea and vomiting. The aim of study was to assess the effect of acupressure on reduction of nausea and vomiting among primigravida women. A quasi-experimental study was conducted to assess the effect of acupressure on reduction of nausea and vomiting among primigravida women in selected areas. The study was consisted of 60 postnatal mothers, 30 each in experimental and control group selected by non-probability purposive sampling technique. Findings showed that according to pretest and posttest level of nausea and vomiting distress in experimental group and control group. In experimental group during pretest, maximum of primigravida women i.e. 70% had moderate and remaining 30% had great nausea distress, whereas in posttest, maximum of primigravida women i.e. 73% had mild and remaining 27% had moderate nausea distress. In control group during pretest, maximum of primigravida women i.e.73% had moderate and remaining 27% had great nausea distress, whereas in posttest, maximum of primigravida women i.e. 77% had moderate, followed by 20% had great and remaining 3% had mild nausea distress. Similarly vomiting distress, in experimental group during pretest, half of the primigravida women i.e. 50% had moderate and great vomiting distress, whereas in posttest, more than half of primigravida women i.e. 53% had moderate, followed by 37% had mild and remaining 10% had no vomiting distress. In control group during pretest, maximum of primigravida women i.e. 70% had moderate and minimum 30% had great vomiting distress, whereas in posttest, more than two third of primigravida women i.e. 67% had moderate, followed by 30% had great and least 3% had mild vomiting distress. The difference between mean pretest and posttest nausea and vomiting score was found statistically significant at the p<0.05 level of significance.
Pages : 119-122 | 336 Views | 157 Downloads


International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing
How to cite this article:
Upma Sharma. to assess the effect of acupressure on reduction of nausea and vomiting among primigravida women. Int J Obstetrics Gynaecological Nurs 2023;5(1):119-122. DOI: 10.33545/26642298.2023.v5.i1b.115
close Journals List Click Here Other Nursing Journals Other Journals
International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing
Call for book chapter
Please use another browser.